Friday 13 February 2015

My BAFTAS Experience.

This past weekend was the EE BAFTAS awards one of the biggest film events in the film calander. I had the opportunity to go since it falled on a weekend but like everyone else who went I had to go through the process of camping outside the theatre to get a wristband.

On Friday I had to wake up early and go down to covent garden to get my place in the queue I was lucky enough to be 18th , I stayed down there for a hour and then came home for the rest of the day whilst other premiere goers kept my space. In the hours before I went back I thought I was mad for doing this because it was really cold but I knew it would be worth it on the day. When it got to the actual night me and my friends went to a resturant for a couple hours to keep warm and when we got there we wrapped in lots of layers and onesies I felt so silly in the middle on london in a cat onesie! but It kept me warm all night long. Because the theatre we camped under was next to a nightclub there was lots of noise til 3am and the theatre lights did not help but somehow I did manage to get some sleep.

The next morning started early as we had to clear space on the path and doorways.At 1pm the time came to get a wristband for the event and it also meant I could go home and come back the next morning. Getting the wristband got abit competitive arguements started with people and when they started to take us in groups to the other side of the road and a few people pushed in front of me and I ended with wristband number 24.


                        When I arrived there was atleast 100 people already there ready to camp out.




                      I wore so many layers including a cat onesie it was so cosy but I did feel silly.

   On the day of the BAFTAS we had to arrive back for 12pm so that we could get in to the                barriers but ofcourse it was an hour later that we ended up moving. When we got in it all looked so glamourous with the red carpet and the big BAFTA mask it made me even more excited. I managed to get a front row spot right near the drop off which usually is the best place to be at these events because there is more chance of the stars stopping. I had a couple of hours to kill before the event started but because there was so many people around it was hard to do much besides talking to the people around me. One of the great things about doing these events is that you get to meet so many different people.
Stars began to arrive around 5.30 thats when things got mad, useally at premieres there is only a couple of stars and they come seperate so you can be prepared but this was so different there were so many stars all at once and it got alot more squished because everyone was trying to get photos and autographs. I was lucky enough to have photos from Sam Clafin, James Mcavoy, Kara Tointon, Alice Eve and Henry Cavill. I also got lots of autographs from some of the above and also Ralph Finnes, Reese Witherspoon, Keira Knightly and Natelie Dormer who was really nice to me and complimented my make up.




                                                           The BAFTAS set up.



                                         
             The lovely Sam Clafin who play Finnick in the Hunger Games and recently starred in The Riot Club.

                                           
                           The lovely James Mcavoy who stars in Xmen, Narnia and Penelope to name a few.


   These are just a couple of my selfies as the others didn't come out so well but over all I had such a great experience and hopefully I will  get to go again next year and who know I will see. I hope you all got the chance to watch the Baftas and I hope you all have a great week.

- Sasha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment :)