Saturday 1 August 2015

California Here We Come.


Firstly I will apologise for my absence these past few weeks as I have been away on holiday and visiting family, but I am home now and have lots of things planned to post.

A few weeks ago I spent 8 days In Los Angele's most of It being In the movie capital Hollywood. Overall the trip was everything I could of wanted It to be and I got to see so much.
I also was lucky enough to visit Disneyland during Its 60th anniversary celebrations.
Because I did so much In my 8 days In LA It would be rather difficult to explain It all In one post so I shall be talking about my five favourite places that I visited.


1. Hollywood Blvd 
Hollywood Blvd
Hollywood and Hyland Centre
Hollywood Blvd was the first place I visited on my trip and I recommend you do this first If you go because there Is so much to do and see.It is the home of the Hollywood walk of fame were you can see the names of thousands of Iconic names in Film and It is also the permanent home of the Academy Awards which is held In the Dolby Theatre which I was lucky enough to take a tour of, I strongly recommend this tour to anyone who Is a big fan of film and the ceremony Itself because you get to walk on the stage and learn so much about how the ceremony Is set up and many other things. Hollywood Blvd is also a great place to shop with the Hollywood and Hyland Centre offering a variety of shops from Forever 21, Sephora, Victoria's Secret and Hot Topic and you can get a great View of the Hollywood sign on the first floor balcony. Hollywood Blvd also has lots of museums such as the Hollywood Museum which is filled with movie props from both old and new films and If you are a fan of Marilyn Monroe the museum has an entire floor dedicated to her and Is filled with costumes she wore as well as her own possessions.If you fancy a photo with your favourite pop star or actor then you can visit Madame Tussuad's or the Hollywood Wax Museum which are both quite similar.

2. Warner Bros Studio Tour  

Ellen Studio
The Warner Bros Studio Is located In Burbank and Is the home of the Loony Tunes cartoons, Friends and the Ellen DeGeneres Show. I really enjoyed this tour because I got to learn about how they make films and create the sets as well as seeing some sets for current TV shows. Because the Ellen DeGeneres show was off air I was lucky enough to visit the set and It was such a surreal experience I never ever thought that I would be able to see It so I am very grateful for that. The studio also has a museum which had a floor dedicated to the Batman movies and was filled with props and costumes from the films, the second floor was dedicated to the Harry Potter franchise although most of the film props and the sets are In London they had a nice selection of costumes and props at the tour. Overall I learnt a great deal from this tour about how the movie magic Is bought to life.





3.  Santa Monica Pier 

Santa Monica
Santa Monica Is such a lovely place which a massive sandy beach and a pier with a theme park and arcade on it which makes for a perfect day out In the hot LA sun. If you fancy a bit of retail therapy after sunbathing on the beach you can take a five minute walk from the beach to third street promenade which is filled with lots of different shops and places to eat and entertainment all day long.   




4.  Paramount Studios 

Paramount Studios
The Paramount studios which Is located In Hollywood Is home to classic films such Breakfast At Tiffanie's and  Grease more recently the TV Shows Glee and Dr Phil. Like Warner Bros I got to learn about what goes on behind the scenes and see the sets of current TV shows that are airing. I also got the see the original Paramount gates and the original Bench from the film Forrest Gump Starring Tom Hanks.I strongly recommend this tour to any movie buff.


5. Disneyland 

Disneyland
This list would not be complete without me including Disneyland, although I had been to Disneyland Paris only a couple of weeks earlier It has always been a dream to visit the Original Disneyland because Walt Disney himself created It and walked It's streets. Everything about it was truly Beautiful, the detail In some of the rides was ten times better and the fast pass system also was very good. I had much better character experiences because there was a lot more characters out and people queued in a orderly and polite manner.
The overall atmosphere of Disneyland Is truly magical It really Is the happiest Place on earth and I strongly recommend you visit If you love Disney. I will be talking in more detail about the Disneyland 60th In a later post.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment :)